Presenting Impact to the SHoW Research Group
In this event, participants will get an introduction about the impact concept, especially societal impact of research, and will learn about the offers of the OIS Center regarding impact planning, monitoring and reporting/visualization.
Closed event (only for employees of the SHoW research group)
- Learning about different interpretations of the “impact” concept.
- Understanding how the OIS Center conceptualizes “societal impact of research” through concepts such as “productive interactions” and “reach versus significance”.
- Learning about the increasing importance of societal impact internationally.
- Learning about different types and levels of societal impact.
- Learning about the main challenges of the impact concept (focus on: attribution problem, temporality problem and measurement problem).
- Learning about offers of the OIS Center regarding impact:
- Planning the impact of the research group using our Theory of Change Model.
- Co-creating the research design to assess the impact of the research group.
- Co-monitoring and co-adapting the impact strategy.
- Planning and assessing the impact of participatory research activities using the OIS Impact Model.
- Visualizing the achieved impact through an Impact & Engagement Study.
- Co-creating new and creative ways of showcasing impact.
If you are interested in organizing a similar event for your research group, contact:
Mathieu Mahve-Beydokhti, / LBG OIS Center
Mathieu Mahve-Beydokhti, BSc MA
Program Manager Impact+43 660 216 2313 firstname.lastname@example.org