OIS Lab „Caring Communities for Future“: These are the five funded projects
In cooperation with Gesundheit Österreich GmbH, the LBG Open Innovation in Science Center founded an Open Innovation in Science Lab „Caring Communities for Future“ to develop innovative solutions to tackle the current challenges of societal and social change.
By involving civil society initiatives and municipal administrations, the quality of life and health of citizens is to be improved and the burden on the health and care system is to be reduced.
Five projects were selected and are funded by the LBG OIS Center within the framework of the OIS Impact Lab. Transdisciplinary research teams are now working together with various societal stakeholders on innovative ideas for caring communities in their local area. The topics of the projects are diverse and range from 24-hour care, the design of public spaces to the participation of people with disabilities in social spaces.
Those are the five selected projects:
- Care4Caregivers which will work on increasing the quality of life for family caregivers and caring relatives
- CareACT in Communities which will open new caring spaces in Graz and Vienna – using participatory theater interventions and formats
- Gesunde Straßen und Plätze which will, together with citizens, develop indicators for a lively, inclusive and health supporting public space
- Inklusive Caring Communities which will elaborate how participation of people with disabilities in social spaces can succeed
- MigraCare which will work on increasing the quality of life for 24-hour-caregivers and on further developing the concept of so called „Caregiver Cafés“