Open Innovation refers to enabling, initiating and purposively managing knowledge flows across organizational and domain-specific boundaries for generating innovation. LOIS enables scientists to learn about and experiment with principles and methods of Open Innovation along the entire scientific research process from generating research questions to eventually translating scientific knowledge into innovation.
LOIS PARTICIPANTS WILL
- gain familiarity with state-of-the-art concepts relevant for Open Innovation in Science
- develop an in-depth understanding of how different practices of openness and collaboration impact scientific research
- build the competences to assess and develop their organizations’ ability to benefit from applying Open Innovation principles and methods
- professional development for scientists, lectures, in-class workshops, experimentation, hands-on-learning and practical implementation.
- globally networked initiative – access to international good practices and networks in the field of Open Innovation.
- training which covers the cultural shift necessary to work more openly and collaboratively, and to integrate open practices into scientists' day-to-day work.